Beyond Green are pleased to announce that we will soon be submitting an Outline Planning Application for our project in North Sprowston and Old Catton (‘NS&OC’).
We’ve spent over two years developing proposals and plans with local residents and stakeholders. We’ve sought to design a place which not only delivers much needed new housing, jobs and social infrastructure but in which people will be able to enjoy a superb lifestyle with wonderful green spaces and easy access to good schools, shops, and the attractions of the city and the Norfolk countryside. All coupled with a very low environmental footprint.
Our proposals for NS&OC include:
- up to 3,520 new homes of different sizes and types, including up to one third ‘affordable’ homes;
- new spaces for business enabling over 1,000 jobs to be created on-site;
- two new primary schools, a health centre, library and community halls;
- shops and services to meet local people’s daily needs in a traditional high street setting;
- over 80 hectares of green space including a major new public park at Beeston Park, three recreation grounds, allotments and community gardens;
- easy access to public transport and streets designed to make walking and cycling the most convenient modes of transport;
- a very-low-carbon decentralised energy network, plus infrastructure to manage water resources sustainably.
On Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th October we’re holding a weekend of public exhibitions at Sprowston Diamond Centre (map here) to view the Outline Planning Application for NS&OC and discuss proposals with the Beyond Green team. If you live or work nearby we do hope you’ll be able to join us. For more details please see our public invitation (PDF).
Once submitted the full Outline Planning Application will be available on the website – watch this space for details.